Tuesday 17 November 2015

JOHNSON BOWS OUT

Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has retired from all forms of international cricket after today's second Test match against New Zealand at the WACA in Perth.

Johnson took two wickets on the final day as the 2nd Test match finished in a draw. "My career has certainly had its up and downs but I can honestly say I have given it all my all and am proud of everything I have achieved. To win an Ashes series and a World Cup is something I will treasure forever, "said Johnson.

He is the fourth leading wicket-taker for Australia with 313 wickets in 73 matches at an average of 28.52 and best of 8-81. Also 239 wickets in one- day internationals. The 34 year-old was named ICC Player of the Year in 2009 and 2014.

Source: SS Blitz and ABC media 

"I've given the decision a lot of thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment