Monday 22 September 2014

REVIEWS_ SPORTS


-In Brief :Sports that made headline over the weekend...

FOOTBALL

''I couldn't imagine playing for another Premier League Club, after 12 years at Chelsea''- Frank  Lampard in 2013 statement.   Who could have thought...time fly, and when you are not happy do something about it.  Lampard did something, and he's now a Manchester City player.

Frank Lampard 
After scoring a goal, Lampard showed no joy,  and denying former club Chelsea a victory.  So I guess,   'An equal opportunity is an equal goal'-


TENNIS 

Li Na Two-time Grand Slam Champion retires from WTA tennis with no regrets.

Li Na
Li Na who reached a career-best ranking of world No.2 on the WTA Tour.  She became the first Asian national to win a Grand Slam singles title at the 2011 French Open, and then claimed her
second major trophy at the Australian Open in January.








Li had four operations on her right knee, which led her to retire on Friday 19.  ''I don't feel sorry or have any regrets about retiring.  When I was making this decision I asked myself, If I retire, will I regret it?  My heart told me I wouldn't because I've done my best''.  I'm very satisfied with my tennis career,'' added the 32-year-old Li on Sunday at the National Tennis Center in Beijing.

Sources- cbcs sports/Tennis

Nelly Portia

No comments:

Post a Comment